12 oz bag or 4 cups of riced cauliflower
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc)
3 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, hemp, etc)
1 large apple, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
3 dates, pitted
4 Tbsp almond butter
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/8 - 1/4 tsp salt
1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse nuts and coconut in small batches until they are in rice-sized bits. Do not process too long or they will both turn into a paste. Set aside.
2. Place apples into the bowl of the food processor and process into rice-sized bits and set aside. Lastly, process the dates into small pieces and set aside.
3. Pre-heat a medium sized pot over medium-high heat. Combine the nuts and the coconut and toast for 1-2 minutes until coconut starts to turn lightly brown and becomes fragrant, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Add the apples, almond butter, dates, milk, riced cauliflower, cinnamon and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over medium-low heat until the cauliflower is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and almond extracts and chia seeds and stir to combine.
5. Allow to the chia seeds to gel for a few minutes and then serve.
6. Top with berries, nuts, coconut or more non-dairy milk as desired.
Note: This stores well in the fridge for 5 days.
Servings 8 - 8 g net carbs per 3/4 cup serving